Impexmetal was founded in 1951 as a state import-export enterprise, specialising in trade of non-ferrous metals, their semis and ball and roller bearings. In the mid 70’s Impexmetal was the first Polish foreign trade enterprise, which started operations on the London Metal Exchange. On 1 July 1995 the Company was transferred into a State Treasury company under the name of Impexmetal S.A.
Since 24 June 1977 Impexmetal S.A.’s shares have been listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Impexmetal S.A. is one of the largest production-trade holdings organisations in Poland. A development program for Impexmetal Group, implemented in 1998, being constantly realised, focuses on aluminium and copper semis sectors, resigning, at the same time, with the investments not strictly connected with the core business. Since 2005 the Company has been included into the structures of Boryszew Capital Group.
The Company runs its business on all continents, keeping trade contacts with about 270 international partners, as well as with about 1120 Polish companies. Impexmetal S.A. operates on foreign markets through a well-organised net of agents and trade companies. The head office of the Company is located in Warsaw at 92 Jaerozolimskie Street, near the very centre of the city.
Impexmetal S.A. is the owner or majority shareholder in 28 companies, including 5 production plants. In 2011 Impexmetal Capital Group employed almost 2 000 employees.